General Responsibilities/Role Overview:
Responsible for providing leadership and setting the standard within the company, for creating and developing engineering processes, building new tooling, using cutting edge technologies to improve existing tools, launching new programs on-time and on-budget, resource allocation planning, quoting, reporting with accuracy new program timelines, creating and adapting org structure as necessary, hiring talent and developing and mentoring the staff.
• Support and encourage the development of the engineering and program management team.
• Support all company safety and quality initiatives and programs.
• Maintain a culture of accountability, ensuring that team members are hitting their goals and providing
assistance as necessary.
• Create expectations by which we manage and launch new programs. Drive a “Stage Gate Process”.
• Effectively manage new product launches to include; resource planning, identifying risk issues, creating
effective production processes, monitoring launches running on the floor, programming, tooling
requirements and other related tasks.
• Work with customers to understand their requirements. Take those inputs and creates program plans to
achieve desired outcomes.
• Develop and maintain an effective organizational structure.
• Drive standard work practices for engineering and program management.
• Utilize engineering practices to deliver results. Use technical protocols to run testing, report and
document results in a structured way.
• Use tools like Engineering notebook studies to capture and record events.
• Maintain revision control on all projects and materials such as drawing changes.
• Create program charters and develops impact assessments if changes occure.
• Report on continuous improvement initiatives identified by management as areas of focus.
• Strive to understand a high level of all functional areas of the manufacturing process and actively
brings forth ideas for process improvement according to company objectives.
• Work collaboratively with all functional areas to increase production, improve quality and lead new
techniques and processes within a manufacturing environment.
• Oversee the efficiency of manufacturing processes, as well as developing new processes to
improve manufacturing efficiency or decrease its costs.
• Interact with teams of engineers, operators and customers to meet strict deadlines.
• Determine processes, fixtures, programs and tools needed to product quality parts to customers
specifications; document all engineering procedures. Demonstrates a passion for continuous improvement by identifying needs analyzing cutting-edge technology to incorporate into processes, oversee related
activities and reporting on results.
• Manage tool testing process and report findings; determine the need for special tooling, fixtures and
• Support lean initiatives for process improvement on the shop floor.
• Ensure that all engineering changes are completed thoroughly and timely.
• Lead new product gate reviews and ensures that customer’s needs are being addressed.
• Work with customers to discuss possible engineering changes to improve part manufacturability.
• Propose new initiatives to enhance performance or increase capabilities for the business. Plans and
executes the programs/projects.
• Lead a multitude of simultaneous projects including defining scope, design criteria, budgets, resource
needs, and establishing and managing to the project schedule. Ensures the cost effective and timely completion of project deliverables using PMP processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
• 10-15 years of experience in Engineering required
• Minimum of 10 years in a leadership role required.
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
• Strong understanding of tooling and fixture design and application
• Self-starter, able to work without supervision and commitment to produce highly accurate product in all
• Strong independent thinking, organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem
solving skills are essential
• Lean or six sigma training, experience or certification a plus
• Critical thinking, logic and reasoning is a must
• Knowledge and use of computers and Microsoft Office software